Friday, May 26, 2017

Finally Friday

This week has been one for the books (and not in a good way). 

Aidan's face says it all, and Kimball is where I wanted to
be all week - snuggled up with a blanket in, not a stroller, but a bed

I didn't really want to blog about it, but I knew I would be shortchanging myself if I was anything but honest and just posted about the gem-like snippets of the week, such as:

- Getting my teeth cleaned (yay!) -
- Hearing a cute story about Aidan from my friend after she watched him for a couple of hours -
- attending Seminary graduation (which I wasn't excited about at first, but it ended up being great) -
- Kimball's one year appointment -

I knew it was going to be a long week when, on Monday night, I was wishing it was Friday. It's been storm after storm, wave after crashing wave, and a lot of blindsides. 

Each night when I went to bed, I'd close my eyes and hope for a better day tomorrow. 

Yet, it seemed no matter how hard we tried, something went wrong. Out of the midst of it all, last night finally brought some relief and I'm grateful that I can see a flicker of light through the darkest of dark. 

Today is going to be a good day.

That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.
-Doctrine and Covenants 50:24-


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for always being honest and real. I hope the light continues growing brighter! You're amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete