Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Funny Moment

So the other night one of my friends in my ward texted me.  It was about 5:45p.m.  I had just gotten home from work, sat on the couch, and my phone went off.  I thought, "I knew it!  I just got home and Jayze got off early and now I need to go pick him up."  I wasn't mad or anything, it was just kind of funny.  He usually gets off at six.

Well, I looked at my phone, and it wasn't Jayze, but, like I said, one of the girls in my ward.  The text said, "Hey, can you come over and listen to me sing?"  I was thinking, "Me?  Listen to her sing?  How does she know I like singing?  But even though I like singing, I'm not one to go over and give great advice about singing!"  So I texted her back, "This is Sarah.  Did you text the right number?"  haha.

The text back, "Yes, of course I meant you!"

So, I went over.  I REALLY wanted to hear her sing, too!  I have missed being in music, and I thought it was so fun that she would invite me to come listen to her. 

A couple of other girls from the ward came and listened to her, too.  She was performing the song the next night and wanted to practice in front of some people so she could get used to it.  She was soooo good!  I had no idea she could sing that well!

Anyway, Jayze ended up getting a ride home from work, and so I was able to stay longer and hear her sing a couple more times.  When I got home, I told Jayze what was up and he asked me, "So, what is she singing?"

Without thinking about it, I said, "Alone, by Heart."

Silence.

Then, "What?"

I looked up.  "She's singing 'Alone' by Heart."

He stopped what he was doing and said, "Well, I didn't think she was going to sing a duet with music in front of her!"

He was completely serious, and I just started laughing.

"Alone" by Heart.  Who knew?

She performed amazingly by the way - by herself and without sheet music. 

1 comment: