Thursday, February 9, 2017

Stiff Neck

For the past WEEK (or at least, it seems like it - maybe more like almost a week), I've had a stiff neck. I'd wake up in the morning and could barely move my head back and forth. In fact, everywhere I turned my head, my neck and the top of my shoulders hurt. 

It was not fun. 

Finally, yesterday I felt semi-normal. I didn't have to ice/heat my neck to make it feel better, and I was able to get out with the kids and hang out with a friend and her kids at the mall. Even lifting the stroller in and out of the van didn't strain my neck. What a relief.

Needless to say (but I'll say it anyway), this past week wasn't the best. Since my neck and shoulders hurt so much and I wasn't sleeping very well, I haven't worked out for a whole week either. Not working out does things to me mentally and physically, and I'm really hoping to get back in the swing of things. 

Yesterday was a good start back in to the daily routine, and today has been even better. Probably because I actually wrote a to-do list today. Did you know that to-do lists are so powerful? They help me get soooo much more done than I would have otherwise. 

So I'm glad to say so long to that lame stiff neck, and I hope it doesn't come back. 

After church on Sunday. Aidan, "More pictures!"




No comments:

Post a Comment