Thursday, February 2, 2017

Bath Time

To be completely honest, this week has been rough. Aidan and Kimball are both sick (green snot and coughs - TMI?) and haven't been sleeping very well. Kimball was crying practically nonstop on Tuesday. I barely got dinner on the table both Monday and Tuesday, and yesterday I gave in and had Jayze pick up some Taco Bell on his way home from work because I wasn't able to handle making dinner with a screaming baby at my feet again.

I was able to get out with the kids and go on a run on Monday, but the past couple of days were too windy and cold. I've lost my temper with Aidan, and I've felt like such a bad, failing mom and homemaker. It's been frustrating, to say the least.

But, thankfully, today has been SO MUCH BETTER. Both of the kids took great naps (A is still asleep, actually - yay!), Aidan water colored for the first time, Kimball has been more of his smiley self, and I was able to work out, budget, read for a meeting tonight, and pay rent.

Plus, here's the best part - I gave Aidan and Kimball a bath this morning at the same time and it was a success.

Aidan had been asking me for a couple of weeks for Kimball to join him during bath time, and so this morning I finally sucked up the courage and decided to give it a second try.

I had tried giving them both a bath at the same time a few weeks ago, but it was crazy stressful, and I was worried both of my kids would drown by the end of it. Thankfully, Jayze was there to help me. The reason why it was such a mess is because we hadn't bought a bath mat. Aidan doesn't need one anymore because he doesn't slip in the tub, and I usually bathe Kimball in the kitchen sink. So when I tried to put Kimball in the tub with no mat, he was slipping and sliding everywhere. I had to keep a firm grip on him at all times, otherwise he would have for sure gone underwater...or bonked his head...or both.

Looking back it's kind of funny now - how I kept calling for Jayze to bring me a washcloth or a towel and how I finally asked him if he could please finish washing Aidan while I dried off and dressed a screaming Kimball. All while Jayze was making dinner so I could bathe both of the kids. Yep, definitely a bust.

So this morning when I gave them a bath, I made sure to be prepared with wash cloths, towels, bath toys, bath soap, dry diapers, and dry clothes because I knew I was going to be doing this solo and I couldn't leave the bathroom once both of them were in the bath. I stripped both of the kids down and in they went. And seriously, they had so.much.fun, and I had so much fun watching them.




I think it cheered both of my sick kiddos up. Me too. It was a change, they were together, and they could splash to their heart's content. I'll definitely be doing this again.



1 comment:

  1. You are the best!! I hope everyone feels better soon. Having sick kiddos is so hard. But, as always, you make the very best of everything :) you are doing so much better than you think you are!!!

    ReplyDelete