Wednesday, October 11, 2017

September Snippets

I've been behind on writing on here, so I thought I'd do a little catch up because I loved September. It was busy, busy, busy, but a really fun busy and exactly what I needed.

Exploration Place:
For Labor Day we went to a science center called Exploration Place. It's in downtown Wichita. Since we first moved here people told us it's a fun place to visit. And it was! We went with our friends and their daughter and had a blast.


Aidan's favorite part was the vacuum pipe (I just made up that name). You push a piece of cloth or fuzzy ball through a little door at the bottom and the pipe sucks it in and spits it out in one of the openings at the top. It was my favorite part too, although the Superhero Exhibit was pretty cool, too.





I think Kimball's favorite part was the kid's section. He got to roam around wherever he pleased. He sold me some food, pushed around a grocery cart, stacked a few blocks, climbed onto platforms, and just had fun exploring.


I think it's safe to say that Jayze's favorite was the adult puzzles. He solved quite a few of them, and had fun showing Aidan how some of them worked.


Afterwards, we drove over to Peach Wave for some froyo (yummy!). I hadn't had soft serve frozen yogurt since Rexburg. Eating it reminded me how much I enjoy creating my own froyo bowl. It was Aidan and Kimball's first time trying it out, and they both loved it. Aidan kept asking for more but didn't understand the concept that you had to pay for it, haha. It's a little out of our way from where we live, but it's definitely on our radar now.

I didn't want to go home yet (I'm there allllll the time), so we finished the day off with Panera and FHE. It was a perfect, family-filled Labor Day.


Derby BBQ Festival:
I have been ALL about fall this year. As I mentioned in my last post, fall is my absolute favorite. At the beginning of September, I searched "Fall Festivals Wichita" online and found an advertisement for the Derby BBQ Festival. It was free, on a Saturday, they had kid activities, and the weather was supposed to be perfect.

Win, win, win, win.


We walked about a mile to get there since they didn't allow anyone to park there to prevent unneeded traffic (there were a lot of people walking around the park and the roads were narrow - once there I was glad no one was allowed to park there). It was good to be outside, and the weather forecast was right - sunny and not too hot.


We checked out the car show, bought a couple of hot dogs, went through a mini fireman regime, explored the petting zoo, tossed a bean-bag cow for a free Chick-Fil-A ice cream cone (they were nice and gave Kimball a coupon, too), and watched Aidan on the bounce house.

He even faced his fears and went down the big slide.

The bounce house was Aidan's favorite. I didn't think he'd like it since the last time I paid to let him jump all over those, he mostly just walked around and watched other kids jump on them. But to my surprise, he was so excited and didn't want to leave. It was really the best watching him, so that was my favorite, too. Plus, it was free. He also loved the playing on the playground, but no surprise there. :)



We took the shuttle back to the parking lot, and it was Aidan and Kimball's first bus ride. Kimball was nervous and didn't seem too sure about it and was wiggly almost the entire time, but Aidan really liked it.




It was a good start to our fall celebrations.

Found out the gender!
I'll write more about this one later, but yes we are pregnant with our fourth baby (!), and we found out on September 14 that we're having another BOY!

Celebrated finding out the baby's gender with Krispy Kreme donuts.
We're excited and grateful to be adding another baby to our family.

AZ trip
Since this one deserves a post all on its own (because it's was about ten days' worth), I'll write about this one later too.



Celebrated Aidan's 3rd Birthday
Guess I'll be playing catch up because I feel like this one deserves its own post, too. I can't believe Aidan is three years old. He was so excited for his birthday. Since we were in AZ, we decided to celebrate it early which I have zero regrets about. He is such a sweet boy.


General Conference (September and October):
Conference was so.good. It's always so good, but I feel like this conference (particularly the Saturday morning session) really spoke to my heart. I had the same prayer answered over and over again and a couple more prayers answered throughout. Ever since it ended, I've been trying to go over them again and glean more golden nuggets.


You can watch, read, or listen to it here

I highly recommend it. After all, how amazing is it that we get to listen to modern day prophets and apostles? The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true! I am so grateful for President Monson and for his direction in these latter-days. The gospel is my anchor in these turbulent times and provides such peace and joy found only through Jesus Christ. I am so grateful I know I am a daughter of God and that He loves me and knows me by name.


How we entertained a one year old during part of the sessions.



No comments:

Post a Comment