Friday, September 29, 2017

Feels Like Fall

Yesterday I took Aidan and Kimball outside to play in the grass. The air smelled crisp and cool, and the leaves on the trees are just starting to turn color. Pine needles and sticks littered the grass, as well as brown, beat-up pine cones. The trees are still keeping the pretty ones to themselves. :) 


We barely needed light jackets, but I put them on the boys anyway. We had fun kicking the soccer ball, climbing up and down the stairs (K is addicted to those things right now), and peering up at the sky every time another plane flew by. 

Yesterday definitely felt like fall, and I loved it. 

Hitting the bottom of his shoes to activate the light-up function.

Fall is my favorite season ever, and I'm beginning to feel the change - not just outdoors, but inside of myself, too. I have all this pent-up energy just waiting to be spent on baking, crafting, drinking hot chocolate and apple cider, picking pumpkins, and snuggling up with a soft, cozy blanket. I'm ready for the chunky sweaters, wrap-around scarves, beanies, and ankle boots (I need to get me a pair). I'm ready to step on dry, crunchy leaves and soak in all the orange, red, and yellow colors.


And believe it or not, I'm excited for the cooler weather (can I get another amen for fall clothes and yes, yes, YES to more walks outside).

The sun is still warm and glowing even in a more pale sky, the trees show us their last, glorious hurrah before hunkering down for the winter, and the air smells like honey and spices and traditions and excitement.

Summer was wonderful, but I'm all about this new season, and I'm definitely welcoming it with open arms.



No comments:

Post a Comment