Thursday, October 26, 2017

Spiderman Party

Ever since Spider-Man: Homecoming came out in theaters, Jayze and I (especially Jayze) have been wanting to watch it. I was going to take Jayze to it for his birthday, but as luck would have the last showing was a couple of days earlier. He's We've been anticipating it coming out on DVD ever since (I was more excited for Wonder Woman).


A few days ago I noticed that Spider-Man had finally come out on DVD. Since we had been patiently waiting for it, we decided to not just watch it but put some pizzazz and party into it.

K's cheesy smile. And A looking like a teenager. When we went to Walmart earlier, he had his hood on and his hands in his pocket and a sullen look on his face. It definitely looked like I was towing around a mini teen. 

I looked up some Spider-Man-themed party food, and we chose a cute pancake shish kabob. And let me tell you, they were delish. My mouth is watering again just thinking about them. 


Even though they were pancakes, Jayze made the batter thinner than normal so they tasted more like crepes. So, they were pretty much these delicious mini crepe-tasting pancakes on a stick. With Nutella on them. Kimball chowed down the entire thing. Aidan ate his pancake and asked for more but (surprisingly) slid off his bananas and strawberries and didn't touch them again. Can't say I don't blame him, but that Nutella, strawberry, banana, pancake combo was to die for. He kind of missed out by leaving off the fruit. And I'm probably saying all this because we never buy Nutella, so those shick kabobs were a real treat.

I had wandered Walmart earlier that day. When I spotted the spiderweb paper doilies, I couldn't resist. They really added to our dinner aura (especially since those were the only decorations).


After we put the kids down for bed, Jayze and I turned on the movie and it was all fun from there. For anyone interested in watching it, I recommend it, BUT be aware there's more crudeness and language throughout than I normally prefer. I think the creators did a fantastic job, and I have to say that Tom Holland is my favorite Spider-Man yet.


Haha, Kimball was so tired. He just wanted to eat them and NOT take a picture. :)

Jayze and I both agreed we'll have to make movie nights more fun like this in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment