Monday, July 24, 2017

Consider the lilies

During my scripture study today, these verses stuck out to me:

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin.

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, even so will he clothe you, if ye are not of little faith.

Water lilies in the Mississippi River by Nauvoo, with rocks and trees on the banks.
Picture source here

Lilies are my favorite flower (water lilies especially), so these verses mean that much more to me. But even better is the fact that I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know who I am. They love me SO MUCH. They want me to have joy. Pure, lasting, eternal joy that only comes through them. 

Life has not been easy lately. I've been struggling through a personal trial that seems to let up and then I suddenly find myself hunkered down again waiting for the next attack. However, those words of Christ filled my heart with peace and comfort, reminding me that I'm not alone and to stick with it.

To endure well and have faith. 

So that's what I plan to do because Christ hasn't let me down yet, why should He now? I know if I reach out to Him in faith, He will be there and He will provide - just like He promises He will. 

(PS: Love this message from President Eyring: The Reward of Enduring Well)


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. Those recurring personal trials can seem SO burdensome sometimes.

    ReplyDelete