Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Aidan Funnies #2

Aidan says the funniest things lately. He is turning more into a talking, little boy vs. a babbling toddler every day. I love it. Here are a few things I actually jotted down. :)

He matched the stickers to the letters. He now knows A is for Aidan, K is for Kimball, M is for Mommy, and D is for Daddy.

I made deviled eggs while Kimball and Aidan were taking a nap. When Aidan woke up he said, "Aidan hungry." He asked me for toast or something, and I told him, "We don't have any bread, but I made some deviled eggs. Do you want one?" He looked super confused, so I explained, "They're really yummy. Do you want to try one? They're in the fridge." He wanders over to the fridge, opens it, sees the deviled eggs on the top rack, and exclaims while grabbing one, "Ohhhhh, YUM-mmy!"

One morning I made paper airplanes. While I folded, Aidan played. He made one fly in the air by holding it in his hand. I asked him where the airplane was flying to, and he said, "Taco Bell!"

Aidan: "Jesus died." 
Me: "Yes, Jesus died, but he's alive again!" 
Aidan: "Jesus resurrected!" 
Me: "Yep, He is resurrected." 
Aidan: "Jesus happy now!" 

"Look Mommy, race tracks!" pointing to a road we're driving by. "Cars racing!"

For a little while he was in the habit of calling Jayze "Jayze" instead of Daddy.

Every time we pass Taco Bell, he says, "Taco Bell!" He does the same thing for Costco and Walmart.

During a rough day, Aidan walked over to where I was sitting down on the couch, kissed my knee, and said, "Love you sooo much, Mommy!"

Jayze: "How do you say cookie in Spanish?"
Aidan: "Spanish!"

While reading scriptures, Jayze starts reading in Spanish. Aidan says, "No! EN-glish, Daddy!"

I dropped Kimball off at a friend's house, but took Aidan with me. When I got back into the van without Kimball, Aidan started whimpering and with a trembling voice said, "Kimball? Kimball? Kimball?" When we were on our way back, I told him we were going to pick up Kimball. He was so excited. When I got out of the car and came back with Kimball, Aidan said, "Kimball! Love him SO much!"


Aidan:"Aidan wear Lightning McQueen shoes." 
Me: "How about your sandals because they're easier to put on?"
Aidan: "No, Lightning McQueen shoes." 
Me: "Okay." 
Aidan suddenly laughs and says: "Ohhh, sorrry." Then, with a decisive nod of his head, he changed his mind and said, "Sandals."

Right before cleaning up his toys during our bedtime routine, Jayze and I said, "K, time to clean up your toys!"
Aidan: "No, brush teeth first!"
Can't go out of order... :)

Me: "Aidan, what's your favorite color?"
Aidan: "Green!"
Me: "What's your favorite animal?" 
Aidan: "Lions!" (but recently he's changed it to giraffes)
Me: "What's your favorite food?"
Aidan: "Peas!" (Me: ???)

Aidan: "I like driving in the car. Kimball happy!"

He's very independent. He's constantly saying, "Aidan's got it!"

After watching Cars 3, I asked Aidan who his favorite character was. He said, "Jackson Storm!"

Watching Cars 3 with his Lightning McQueen hat, shirt, and shoes.

Aidan: "Aidan wants banana."
Me: "Sorry bud, we're all out of bananas."
Aidan: "Go in the van. Drive. Store. Get more bananas. Come home!"

Me: "What do you want for dinner, bud?"
Aidan: "Mmmmm, pizza!"
Me: "We don't have any pizza."
Aidan: "Daddy comes home, go in van, go get pizza." 

Aidan: "You're the best, Mommy!"
Me: "You're the best, Aidan!"


I love this silly, loving, sweet boy of mine. Despite his recent sassiness, he really is the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment