Monday, May 4, 2015

AZ Trip

During Spring Break, Jayze and I braved the long 14-hour trip down to Arizona with Aidan...and it wasn't too bad! He did have a couple of meltdowns, but seeing as I don't even like being in the car that long, it was expected.


I also found out that an empty water bottle is very entertaining for a 6.5 month old.


My sister's wedding reception was down there, so we spent a lot of time with my family. But the pro of both Jayze's and my families living five minutes away from each other is that we got to see both families, so we actually spent a lot of time with both.

Another reason why it was good being back in Arizona again was that we finally got to visit Alma's grave again. It was Aidan's first time visiting it, so I was excited to see how he would react.

Brothers forever.
He loved the flowers, the grass, the little frog, and especially the big pinwheel. I almost felt like Alma was there playing, too. Words really can't describe how I felt having both of my boys there together. It made it even more real that they are brothers.


All he wanted to do was keep playing!
We're still working on getting a headstone, but I'm glad we have a little plate to mark where he is. It was such a good feeling being there as a whole family again. It's hard not having his grave close by. I really want Aidan to have a relationship with his brother, and I feel like it's a little harder to teach him about Alma when Alma's grave is so far away.

We were able to take away a keepsake for Aidan, though. Aidan kept playing with the daisies, and one of them popped off. He wanted to keep playing with it, so we let him. When it was time to go, I stuck it in my bag to bring it back to Idaho with us. 

Our attempt at a family picture.
 I hope many more visits are in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment