Sunday, December 8, 2013

Our First Thanksgiving - Just the Two of Us

I know this post is a little after the holiday, but Thanksgiving was so fun this year, I decided to relive it.  So, come relive it with me....

This was the first year Jayze and I celebrated Thanksgiving with just the two of us, and it was soooooooo fun!  We loved cooking all the food, singing along to Christmas music (I know, we cheated a little), and playing games.  It was great because we made everything from scratch, except the gravy and stuffing.  We cheated on those, too, and used packages.

Everything turned out soooooo delicious!  We brined the turkey in salt and vinegar water and then cooked it for about 3 1/2 hours.  We boiled the potatoes in chicken broth and made mashed potatoes out of them.  We also had a green salad, stuffing, olives (I looooove black olives, as my Grandma and parents will attest too.  My Grandma even got me a can of olives for my birthday once, and I ate the whole can that night!), and cherry-limeade drink.











For the pies, we split the duties.  Jayze put together the crust, and I put together the fillings.  We just went with the traditional kinds:  pumpkin and apple.  mmmmmmmm.  Those are my kind of pies.  :)  

We played a little bit of Monopoly and Speed, skyped with Jayze's family, and watched Tangled (one of the BEST movies ever).  It was really relaxing, and I loved spending the whole day with Jayze and not worrying about homework or work or anything.  I'm so grateful for my wonderful husband.

And of course, I have to include a bit about gratefulness.  I am grateful for eternal families.  We did miss Alma, but I know he is safe in our Heavenly Father's arms.

I hope everyone else had a very Happy Thanksgiving as well.  :)

Now on to Christmas festivities....

2 comments:

  1. I am super impressed! Your meal looks SO yummy! That apple pie is long gone (I am sure) but I can hear it calling my name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer! If you ever make it up here, we will make an apple pie for you! :)

    ReplyDelete