Friday, July 12, 2013

Sometimes we pretend there's a beach close to Rexburg / aka Rigby Lake

Some of Jayze's family came up last weekend, and his sister, NaElle, had the idea we should all go to Rigby Lake.  Jayze and I went with NaElle and her husband, Cody, and their cute little toddler, Crue to Rigby Lake on July 4, and it was so much fun!  I had no idea Rigby Lake even existed, so I was really excited to go back.  It's really laid back, and even though it was really crowded on July 4, it didn't seem crowded.  There was still plenty of room to do your own thing and not feel like you were in someone else's bubble the whole time. 

 Our first time at Rigby Lake on July 4.  You can tell my husband LOVES to take pictures.  I think he was upset I stole his hat.  :)

The sand felt soooooo good!  It felt like a sandy beach - not at all like any lake I've been to.  I'm used to more wood-like lakes.  And even though the water was cold at first, it felt amazing once you got used to it.  Like my cute pregnant belly sticking out?  Baby Flake is getting so big!

The second time we went (when more of Jayze's family was up in Rexburg), it was windy and the water was colder, but it was still so relaxing and great to be in the water.  I swear, I am a water-addict.  I just wish I was a better swimmer...but that's another story.  I'm just glad I could bob around on one of the tubes Jayze's dad, Shon, brought with them.

It's a good thing I love the water too, because Jayze had the great idea (insert sarcasm here) to pick me up, confidently stride across the beach-like sand (even amongst all my protests and struggles - I find it's harder to struggle when you're 30 weeks pregnant), and dump me in the freezing water.  Okay, to be fair, he didn't actually drop me in, but he did dump me all the way under and then brought me back up.  I came out sputtering and coughing and squealing for him to let me down.  Bah.  At least he got wet too.  :)

 Round two for pictures (before he dumped me in the water):

 Don't mind our super white skin and weird tan lines...we live in Rexburg!  'nough said...
 After almost one year of marriage, still really happy!  And dang, my hubby is so cute!  What a hunk.

And for the grand finale....................................




Katie, you asked for it.  ;) 

3 comments:

  1. Ha!! I totally posted about a week ago--guess it didn't work.
    So...here are my comments (about as well as I can remember them, anyways) from before:
    First off--I have those EXACT same tan lines...and I'm white...I think it comes from being Mormon, not necessarily living in Rexburg, lol.
    Second off--you'll have to figure out a way to get Jayze back. If you need help, I'm always happy to start a water fight with my little brother, and I'd be willing to make that sacrifice for you when you guys are down here in a couple of weeks (!)
    Third off--Katie is cute. Loved all the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah--also--LOVE your swimsuit. You're just so cute and pregnant and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might take up your offer of getting Jayze back...and thanks for the compliments! Made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete