Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Enough Apologies and the Latest from the Flake Fam

So the other day I was thinking about blogs and how I started this one...almost six months ago.  Six months!  Wow, it's like my journal.  Practically every journal entry I have starts with, "I can't believe how long it's been since I have written in here!  So much has happened, so I'll just summarize since I can't write a month's worth of life in a single entry..."  Welp, I've decided, enough apologies!  Enough sorry's and feeling guilty!  I am a student at BYU-Idaho, and we have a devotional every Tuesday.  A quote from today's was, "The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago.  The next best time is today." (Elder W. Douglas Shumway)  So true!  So, I'm starting today and following President Spencer W. Kimball's philosophy by just doing it.  

 This post may be a little rough, but with practice, hopefully my posts will go a little smoother.  :)

My husband, Jayze, and I have been EXTREMELY busy lately.  But, what's new?  I think life is just going to get busier and busier, and it's best to just cherish each moment.  In just a few weeks we have:
  •  Sold our old contract. 
  • Packed our entire apartment up.
  • Cleaned our old apartment, and I mean the ENTIRE thing.  It was white glove, and we wanted our deposit back, so we spent pretty much all of a Tuesday cleaning.  Baseboards, walls, the stove, behind the oven, inside the oven, above the stove, outside the stove (you get the idea - that stove was a mess), carpet, tile, inside and outside the kitchen cupboards, windowsill, windows, above the doors, the actual doors, the light switches, doorknobs....need I go on?  It would be a lot longer list.
  • Moved out of our cute little one-bedroom apartment and into a big, spacious two-bedroom one.  Thank you to our ward and Jayze's sister and brother-in-law!
  • Unpacked everything.
  • Decorated our new place.  (It's so homey, I love it)
And all this while working and going to school and church callings.  And being pregnant.  But we are now in our new apartment!  I call that a success. 

I'm thinking the format of this blog might change.  I have a few ideas, but we'll see.  For now, I'll go ahead and share an English tidbit in honor of the current title of this blog.

As I said earlier, I'm a student at BYU-Idaho, and we have a newspaper called the Scroll.  I brought a copy home to read, and I noticed in the news section, "Action on key federal mine safety and health rules are is lagging..."

Hmmm, someone couldn't decide between are and is, so why not use both?  Saying I are is in a sentence might make people pay more attention, but still.  Even though I don't very much experience editing, I have learned that having another pair of eyes read a document is always good. 

My super cute husband and me at the campus gardens.  His mom was sweet and took this picture for us.  This is where he proposed to me over a year ago!  What a handsome man - I'm so lucky.





 

4 comments:

  1. Read your last sentence in the paragraph starting with hmmmm. ;) Love you Sarah!! I'm glad you have more space. That will be nice when your baby arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know! I just KNEW that was going to happen! I love you too, Maria! :)

      Delete
  2. Such an adorable picture. I can't wait to see you two in a couple of weeks--I've been eating my heart out these past few days, knowing that my family was all hanging out together and I didn't get to be there with you all!
    Funny about your journal entries starting with apologies--I've got about 4 or 5 journals that nearly every entry starts with "Sorry it's been so long since the last time I wrote in here..." SO I know how it goes! Love the quote about planting trees. Apologizing doesn't fix anything--Fixing it does!
    Love it. I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jewel! We are soooo excited to go down to Snowflake. It's been way too long. I love reading your blog too! It's super fun. Can't wait to see you!

      Delete