Monday, January 15, 2018

December Highlights Part 1

(Started writing this at the beginning of December - just now finished it!)

Last week and this week were crazy, crazy, crazy. Here are a few highlights to help me catch up.

Moving:
We moved! It was just a few blocks down the street, but it's a bigger place and so far it's suiting us well. We were so grateful for all those who helped us lug boxes and furniture. Our couches are especially beasts, and there's no way (probably even if I wasn't 7ish months pregnant) Jayze and I could have done it on our own. We've loved being in a bigger place, and Aidan hasn't wanted to go back to our "old" home once. Great transition!

Moving day. Aidan was so sweet to Kimball. Kimball was feeling so sick, and Aidan tucked him into the bouncer (that neither of them are allowed to sit in, haha). 

Sick:
Kimball had been sick throughout the week before we moved, but I thought he was over it by moving day (Saturday). Nope. Jayze woke up to Kimball's throw up and a big blow out. All that day, Kimball was pale and lethargic. Then, right as I was tucking Aidan into bed that night, he threw up too. It was my turn to throw up a couple of nights later. Thankfully Jayze never got sick and helped me and the kids recuperate.

Right before A. threw up. He read to Kimball while Jayze and I got their bedroom ready for them to sleep in. 

Unpacking and Cleaning:
After we got better, I had to keep going back and forth from our old place to our new place to wrap up loose ends and clean. Aidan and Kimball were so patient. I also had the task of unpacking the boxes at the new place. I realized it really was a need for me to get cracking when we started making cookies and pumpkin bread and we had to search through four different boxes for our mixer, bread pans, and ingredients. Our kitchen was 95% organized the next day. :)

"Kimball, sit in the box, and I'll push you!"

Christmas Tree:

Since the kids were sick and it was my turn to give the lesson in Young Women's that Sunday, Jayze stayed home with the kids. I walked into our living room after church to a set-up Christmas tree - thanks to Jayze and Aidan. Later, Jayze wrapped the lights around and around to the tune of Christmas music. Afterwards, Jayze lifted Aidan up to stick the star on the very top. Then we turned off all the lights so the Christmas ones could twinkle in the darkness.
The kids loved it, and so did I. It brought an instant magic and Christmas spirit.
We were going to decorate with ornaments later, but lost energy (and I didn't want to have another thing to tell the kids not to touch in the midst of still organizing and going through boxes). I actually ended up liking the beautiful simplicity of it.



Polar Express Party:
We found time (and the hot chocolate mix hidden at the bottom of one of our boxes) to have an at-home Polar Express party. Aidan was so excited when Jayze asked him if he wanted hot chocolate: "I get hot chocolate like them!" Aidan and Kimball got scared at some points, but loved it for the most part (especially Santa Clause).



The Best Christmas Pageant Ever:
Jayze heard about this family-friendly event/play from someone at work, so we decided to go see it. I was a little nervous I'd just be walking the halls with Kimball (like we did when we watched Cars 3 in the theater), but we didn't have to go out once with him. He did get restless a few times, but the singing and kids grabbed his attention. It was so fun and enjoying to be with my boys and to hear mention of the baby Jesus over and over again. By the end, that's all Kimball wanted to talk about. I think Aidan's favorite part was the rowdy angel. :)


Santa:
This year we saw Santa at Cabela's. The backdrop was gorgeous, the line wasn't long, and we got a free picture. Aidan and Kimball both sat on Santa's lap at the same time, and they were the cutest things. They couldn't even look at him, and Kimball's shy smile was the best.
When I asked Aidan if he told Santa what he wanted for Christmas, he said, "No, I'll tell him tomorrow." Haha.
When we got home, Aidan wanted to me to put the picture of them with Santa on the fridge where he could see it. I think we'll do the same thing next year if Santa visits Cabela's again.

Eagerly waiting in line to see Santa.




No comments:

Post a Comment