Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

This year Thanksgiving consisted of just our little family. We invited a couple of families over, but both had other plans (totally understand!). Despite it being just the four of us, we still whipped up a wonderful and delicious Thanksgiving feast.


Jayze made all the pies the night before (it made us anticipate the next day that much more!). They were all delicious.

Two pumpkin, lemon meringue, and apple. It was our first time making lemon meringue, and Jayze did an awesome job!

Thanksgiving morning I made the rest of the food while Jayze took Aidan to a park and Kimball napped.


I really enjoyed having all that time to myself to cook and prepare and clean. I told Jayze later that on a future Thanksgiving, I'd love to go all out with decorations, too. Fancy plates, cups, and utensils with a table runner, centerpieces, and cloth napkins...I really love that kind of stuff, especially when it's low stress. :) One day.

I did put a few decorations up, which were perfect for our little apartment and added just a little festive flair.


I free-handed and cut all of those leaves out by hand, can you believe that? One of these days my printer and I will get along.


After we ate to our heart's content, we cleaned up a little and then snuggled on the couch to watch a movie. The rest of the day was just as relaxing as can be, which was exactly what we needed. I'm so grateful for my family and how much we love being together. Home really is wherever my husband and kids are.


I'm also so grateful for Jesus Christ, good food, and for life each and every day. Thanksgiving this year definitely got two thumbs up in my book.


No comments:

Post a Comment