Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Father's Day, Sickies, and A Couple More June Updates

I've been absent on here for almost an entire month! With my goal of writing at least 4X/month, I'm going to have to get cracking. I thought I had written at least once in June, but nope. So here's a little update...

The boys (and Jayze) are a little sick around here. Jayze is on the verge of losing his voice, and Aidan and Kimball somehow picked up a couple of nasty coughs and have had fevers for the last few days. I stayed home from church with A and K, but we still had a cute Father's Day card for Jayze when he got home. We topped off the evening with homemade cinnamon rolls and bread (Jayze's first time shaping the loaves!). Yum.



I love that cute boy reading in the corner. 

I'm so grateful for the good dad that Jayze is. He loves all of our boys so much, and he works hard to provide for their needs and mine. He's quick to play with them and adds spontaneity to our home. We all love him so much.



We tried out a new park in the sweltering heat on Saturday. Since Aidan and Kimball had fevers, their faces got red and sweaty quicker than normal. They both kept walking back to us to drink water, Aidan almost fell off the rock climbing ramp, and Kimball tripped over that narrow crack between the cement and rubber at least 25 times. They still had so much fun playing, and I'm glad we got to spend time together outside as a family. Brought me back to our days in Michigan! We could practically drink the air, and our skin felt sticky.


The kids and I are still mostly home-bound (thanks to us only having one car), but we still have fun when Jayze comes home from work.


The couch is their favorite spot lately.

Aidan: "Aidan and Kimball play on the couch, Mom?" 

Aidan loves to replicate one of his favorite books and "hang upside down by one toe" on the back of the couch. Kimball mostly likes looking out the window and laughing at Aidan.


In more good (and some bad) news...Kimball finally got used to drinking from his sippy cups! Just in time for him to get sick and drink from the bottle again, haha. I'm glad he's able to get the fluids in somehow. Wichita really is so humid.


The summer has been fun so far. We haven't done a lot, but it's been nice to kick back a little. Hopefully we'll plan a few more things in the next couple of weeks. Summer is for sure one of my favorite seasons, and I want to make the most of the hot, hot sun.

That's it for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment