Sunday, January 22, 2017

Are You Making Fun of Me?

The other day I wasn't feeling very well. Luckily it was on a Saturday, so Jayze was able to help out throughout the day. In the evening, when I had finally ventured out of the warm, comfy (but confining) bed and was sitting on the couch holding Kimball on my lap, Jayze and I discussed dinner options. After a few ideas were tossed here and there, we decided on Navajo Tacos.

As Jayze walked to the kitchen to start making them he asked me, "Do you remember when we made fry bread from biscuits?"

I cocked my head, trying realllllllly hard to recall. Did we ever do that in Rexburg? I said out loud, "Mmmmm, nope, I actually don't remember that. It doesn't sound familiar at all. But let's not do that tonight though, because that sounds gross."

He shrugged, looked a little confused, and said, "Really, you don't remember that at all? Okay, no worries. I'll do it the old fashioned way."

While Jayze took care of making dinner, I watched the kids. He got everything on the table and Aidan and Jayze started eating while I fed Kimball a bottle. Once Kimball was done, I set him down on the floor to play with a toy and then I started eating. It was quiet for a little bit, and then a thought occurred to me.

I poked my fork into a piece of fry bread topped with tomatoes, beans, spinach, etc, and asked Jayze, "Remember when we made fry bread from biscuits?"

Silence.

Then, "Are you making fun of me?"

Surprised, I looked up to see Jayze staring at me, and I asked, "What?"

Jayze said again, "Are you making fun of me?"

I said, super confused, "Nooooo...I was just wondering...remember when you made fry bread out of the canned biscuits at the hotel? That was really good!"

He said, "I just barely asked you that!"

I tried to remember him asking me that during our previous dinner discussion. Nothing. Nada.

I said, "You did?"

Exasperated, he said, "When we made the decision to make Navajo Tacos, I asked you if you remembered when we made fry bread from biscuits."

............................................

It dawned on me.

"Oh."

Whoops.

Me again, "Well, I thought you were talking about homemade biscuits...not the canned kind. And I couldn't remember doing that at all in Rexburg. I seriously didn't remember! I'm not making fun of you! I'm sorry...."

We both sat there for a second and then we both busted up laughing at the same time.

I think I'm losing my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment