Monday, November 21, 2016

Aidan Funnies

Okay, I started writing this post a couple of months ago. So some of these are outdated, but I kept them here because I don't want to forget them!

Wrote these while we were living in the hotel:

Words (my favorites - he obviously says a lot more than what's listed here):

  • Bimball = Kimball
  • Uck = truck and stuck
  • Juice = juice and shoes
  • Eba = Zebra
  • Ippo = Hippo
  • Eeow = Cat
  • Rawr = lion, bear, tiger
  • Byyy Byyyy Byyyy = I want to sit by you
  • Wuv ooo = Love you
  • Ahma = Alma
  • Hyperventilating = monkey
  • Biiiiiiite = I want more food
  • Baby = baby or movie
  • Coookiiiieeeee! = cookie


Aidan, holding a fistful of spinach, asks me: "Biiiittte?" Meaning, do I want his spinach?
Me: "No, I already have spinach. That's yours. Are you going to eat it?"
Aidan looks at me, then looks down, then looks back at me and moves his hand towards the garbage and says, "Traaaash."


While watching Planes and eating dinner, I noticed Aidan dipping his pizza in the smoothie. I thought it was cute and funny and wanted to capture it. I tried to get his attention and kept asking him to look at me and smile when he finally turned to me, put his finger to his mouth, and said, "Shhhh....." I guess I had it coming for how much I tell him to shush because the baby's asleep.


I'm feeding Kimball and Aidan wanted his jacket off. He started to unzip it but didn't unzip it all the way. He got frustrated, so I helped him unzip it all the way. Then he got frustrated that it was unzipped all the way and wanted it zipped again. I offered to help, but then he didn't want it zipped. So he tried taking off his jacket, but his arms got stuck and he got frustrated and desperately said, "Uck! Uuuuuuck!!!" So I helped him take it off, and then he got frustrated that it was off. So I started to put it back on him and he didn't want it. I finally put it on the couch and he was finally satisfied. Whew.


Aidan was smiling and hanging out with Kimball after Kimball woke up. I had unswaddled Kimball and left him in the bassinet while I went to the kitchen to make a bottle for him. When I came back to get Kimball, I saw Aidan trying to give Kimball the piece of apple Aidan had been eating. So cute.


Me to Aidan: "Do you want to eat breakfast?"
A: "No."
Me: "Are you hungry?"
A: "No."
Me, holding up a box of cheerios: "Do you want some cereal?"
A, gets an excited look on his face: "Cereal!" and comes happily running to his high chair.


Me to Aidan: "Do you want to eat lunch?"
A: "No."
Me: "Are you hungry?"
A: "No."
Me: "Come on, let's eat."
A: "No."
Me: "Well, I'm going to put you down for a nap. Do you want to eat before you go down for a nap?"
A, running to his high chair: "Eeeeeeee!!!" (eat) - he'll do anything to stall sleeping lately


Written more recently:

Whenever we pray before bed, Aidan has to make sure all of his trucks are put down in one spot. Sometimes we'll be waiting a couple of minutes before he's all done.


The other day I was trying to juggle a lot of things at once. Kimball was crying, and I needed an extra hand. So I asked Aidan, "Hon, can you give Kimball your giraffe to play with? He's so sad." Aidan picked up his stuffed giraffe, threw it at Kimball, and hurriedly backed away.


Me: "Oh, shoot!"
Aidan: "Ah, shooot!"

Me: "Dangit!"
Aidan: "Dangit!"

Me: "Criminey!"
Aidan: "Imney!"


Me: "Guess what, Aidan? Kimball's awake! I need to go make his bottle real fast, can you go say hi to him?"
While I'm in the kitchen making the bottle, I hear Aidan open my bedroom door where Kimball is, excitedly run in and say, "Hi!"


Me: "We'll eat dinner as soon as Daddy comes home."
Jayze walks in and says, "Hi!"
Aidan jumps off the couch, runs to his chair, and yells, "Eeeeeeaaaatttt!"

Aidan: "Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom."
Me: "Aidan, Aidan, Aidan, Aidan, Aidan."


Pointing to Jayze, Aidan says, "Daddy!"
Pointing to me, A says, "Mom." (he never calls me mommy, just mom haha)
Pointing to himself, "Adinnn."
Pointing to the bedroom where Kimball's sleeping and resting his hand on his cheek, "Kmbllll, sleeping."
Pointing to Kimball, "Kmbllllll."
We're still working on him figuring out where Alma is. :) But the other day he saw a church and said, "Temple. Ahlma. Jesus," so we're getting there.


I love my two-year old. Life with him seems to get better and better as he keeps growing up.


Puddle jumping




2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I sent you a pm on Facebook but I wasn't sure if you'd see it since it might have gone to your others folder. :) You're such a great mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know it might be in the other folder because it totally was! I probably would have never seen it. Thanks for reaching out! It's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete