Tuesday, December 30, 2014

3 months

Aidan turned three months old on Christmas Day. He is seriously the best.gift.ever. It was awesome having a baby here for Christmas...even though he went down for a nap about half an hour into opening presents, haha.

 

Here are a few facts I want to remember:

Pacifier: He doesn't take a pacifier at all anymore. He comforts himself by sucking on his fist, or I comfort him by bouncing him in his bouncer or holding him and bouncing up and down on a yoga ball. When I was at Walmart the other day, the cashier said, "Oh, cute! He has socks on his hands!" Then she noticed that he was sucking on his fist and said, "That sock is going to be sooooggy." Yep, whenever I put socks on his hands they end up soggy from all that drool.

Smiling: He always gives me huge smiles whenever he wakes up in the morning or when he wakes up from a nap.

Laughing: He has laughed a couple of times, but I'm still waiting for when it's a full-out laugh. He'll smile and coo and kind of giggle when he's on his play gym or when he's playing with his bouncer toys. It's amazing how much more he interacts with little toys now. It's so fun to watch him intentionally hit the little rattles hanging above him. 

Size of Clothes: He's now out of 0-3 month clothes and into 3-6 month clothes. He'll even fit into some 6-9 month clothes just because he's soooo tall.

Swaddle: He is our little escape artist. No matter how tightly we swaddled him, he would still get out.


After getting up about three times during the night just to reswaddle him, we are now weaning him off. Right now he sleeps with one arm out and next week we'll try both arms out.

Eating: Aidan eats 6 ounces every 3.5-4 hours.

Sleeping: His bedtime is between 8-8:30. I'll give him about 4 ounces right before going to bed if it hasn't been too long since I've fed him and then he'll sleep for about 9-10 hours which is so nice.

Growing Up: For one of his Christmas presents (mostly his Dad's Christmas present), Aidan got his own room. I didn't want to move him out of our room until he was at least three months old. I was still a little iffy about it just because our only spare room is on the other side of our trailer. I felt like I would lose even more sleep just because I would be up every hour to check on him to see if he was still breathing. For my birthday and Christmas present, my dad got me a video baby monitor, and Jayze and I LOVE it. Seriously, it's the best thing ever. We can check on him without disturbing him, and now I don't worry about him as much sleeping so far away from us. I carry it around with me everywhere I go when Aidan's sleeping. I'm
a little obsessed with it. :) Thanks, Dad.  

Bath Time: Aidan loves bath time. He'll splash the water with his feet and close his eyes whenever I pour warm water on him or rinse his hair. He hates after bath time, but I think it's because he gets cold easily.

Reading: His attention span is short when I read to him, but he'll sit through one or two books before getting fussy. 

Diapers: After wetting through a couple of diapers and then blowing out a few others, we decided it was time to up the size. Aidan's now wearing size 2 diapers. Sigh. He's growing up so fast.

Singing: He loves it when I sing and talk to him.

Tummy Time: He still absolutely HATES tummy time. He is getting stronger though and will tolerate it a little longer now. Still waiting for him to roll over. 

Hair: I was looking through pictures I took when he was a newborn and he had a ton of hair! No wonder that was the first thing anyone ever commented on when they first saw him! Now he has this huge bald spot in the back of his head, but underneath the bald spot his hair is still long. So he's sporting a little mullet. He still has dark hair on top of his head. We'll see what color of hair grows back.

Eyes: He has dark gray eyes, and I love them.

Clinging: Aidan hangs onto me now when I carry him on my hip, and I.love.it. It makes me feel like he needs me, and it's the best feeling ever. He'll also cry if I leave him in alone in a room for too long. It's such a good feeling to know that he misses me when I'm gone because I miss him too. I want to hold him all the time still. The best is when he falls asleep in my arms. Then I don't ever want to let him go. I could hold a sleeping baby forever.

Snow: Okay, it snowed like a million inches on Christmas Eve. Then it snowed again a couple of days later. So Rexburg is bombarded with snow. We live in a snow globe again! We bundled Aidan up and took him outside to build a snowman, but the snow was too powdery. It was fun having him experience the snow, though.



Aidan was crying the other night right before he went to bed. Jayze and I did the routine of praying with him, swaddling him up, singing to him, and then bouncing him a little bit before setting him down in his pack 'n play. We knew he would cry for a few minutes before settling down to sleep. We were making popcorn in the kitchen, and I turned to Jayze and said, "Isn't it great to have a crying baby in the house?" Jayze smiled and responded while he took me in his arms and hugged me, "Yeah. It's awesome."

Happy three months to my sweet, chubby little man. It's amazing how much he has already helped our little family.


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness--so many of these attributes remind me of my Jack!! The escaping ability to get out of any swaddling job EVER, the fact that he was so social and wanted me to hold him all the time (which I, too, loved), the sleeping habits, even the drooling on the socks on his hands--so much in common! It'll be interesting to see if their personalities end up being similar later on!

    Thanks for sharing these details with us. These will be such joys for you to look back on. :)

    ReplyDelete