Sunday, June 1, 2014

22 Weeks: Update





-Baby Update-

Size: One pound.  The size of a spaghetti squash. 

Has: Eyelashes, eyebrows, and maybe some hair.

Can: Tell the difference between light and dark.  He can also hear. 




There are a lot of similarities and differences between this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Alma.

Like I've said in my previous posts, this second baby kicks quite a bit, and I love it!  Some days he kicks more than others, and I love the days when he kicks a lot.  I told Jayze that I don't care if this baby breaks one of my ribs just as long as he comes out alive!

Some other differences include:

  • I've gone to the bathroom more during my 2nd trimester.  Last pregnancy, I went to the bathroom a lot during my first and third trimester - not so much my second.
  • My hips hurt more.
  • I'm gaining way more weight all over.
  • I swell easier in my hands, ankles, and feet.
  • I cry a LOT more easily as well as more, and I can't seem to stop when I start.  So most of church consists of biting the inside of my cheek or playing with my hands to distract myself so I don't turn into a water fountain for the next two hours.  
  • I crave sweets way more, especially chocolate.  We may have a chocoholic on our hands.  I can't seem to get enough of chocolate shakes.  
  • I'm showing a lot faster - about a month faster - than last time.  It's kind of nice though because I have somewhere to put my hands and I finally have a reason to be fat.
  • I have had weird dreams a lot earlier and way more graphic during this pregnancy.  I didn't get weird dreams until my third trimester last time, and they were not nearly as graphic as my dreams this time.  
  •  We have already named this little man.  We didn't name Alma until two days before he was born.  

Similarities include:

  • I still get SUPER dry skin.  All over.
  • I crave watermelon like no other.  I could seriously eat a whole, cut up watermelon in one day if it was just sitting in front of me.
  • I still can't eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches because it reminds me of my morning sickness with Alma.  The weird thing though is I can eat peanut butter and jelly toast
  • My hair and nails are growing really fast.
  • I have lots of energy during this second trimester, which has been so nice.  

I love this little guy so much.  Hang in there buddy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment