Sunday, May 11, 2014

19 Weeks: Update

We have hit 19 weeks. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. With all its emotional ups and downs, with more to come I'm sure, I have still loved being pregnant again. No, it's not easy, but I love feeling the baby move inside me and am grateful for the opportunity to be pregnant again.


Cravings: Mostly Mexican food, but I love a good burger now and then too. Actually, chocolate malts/shakes sound good ALL the time.

Aversions: Spaghetti all the time and sometimes everything. Depends on the day.

Weight gain: About three to five pounds...working on it! I lost about ten pounds during the first trimester due to morning sickness, but I have finally gained it all back and am working on gaining weight now. Bring on the stretch marks! :)

Movement? I feel him a lot, especially in the mornings, when music is on, or when Jayze is talking or laughing. I think he recognizes his dad's voice and wants to say hi back!

Awesome moment of the week: Jayze got to feel him kick for the first time yesterday morning! Our baby boy kicked about four times in a row, and Jayze got to feel each kick. It was amazing.

Heartburn? Yep...it's coming on strong.

Other weird symptoms: I have crazy dreams a lot.

Have I started to show? A baby bump is coming through! A lot sooner than last pregnancy too, which I'm excited about. Although if you didn't know I was pregnant, I just look like I've been eating too many cookies.

Missing anything? Being able to go running. Being able to sleep through the night without having to go to the bathroom.

Gender: Boy.

Next time we get to see the baby: This week! I'm nervous, but I also can't wait. I hope he jumps around on the ultrasound as much as he jumps around in me!

How big is the baby? Size of a mango.

Appetite: Around 17 weeks, I was hungry all the time. I felt like the Brad Pitt character in Ocean's Eleven where I was constantly eating. (Have you noticed that in every scene he's in, he's eating something?) Then this past week I got a kind of flu-bug of some sort and lost my appetite again.  I feel better now and am trying to get back on the six-meals-a-day, so I eat something every 1.5-2 hours. So now I feel like Brad Pitt again.


19 weeks down, 21 weeks to go...



2 comments:

  1. What fun things to remember about the pregnancy!! You'll be so glad you've written all of this down.
    As for the ultrasound, if you want him to move for it, just be sure to drink a big glass of orange juice about half an hour before you go in. The sugar makes them hyper. (At least, it's worked with my kids and their ultrasounds).
    I'm not pregnant, but the whole Mexican/chocolate milkshake thing always sounds good to me, too. :)
    You're adorable. I'm so happy to hear that you're starting to feel better and that eating Brad Pitt's diet is appealing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jewel! Oh, and thanks for the tip! We had the ultrasound on Friday, and I drank some orange juice before I went. He moved around just enough! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete