Monday, March 20, 2017

A Good Weekend

This weekend was a good one. 

On Friday, Jayze and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day by eating green eggs and ham for dinner. We also finally watched Moana that night (thanks to our friends who let us borrow it). We loved it, of course. 

Had to throw in some orange in honor of leprechauns, too. :)

We went to the zoo on Saturday (When we told Aidan where we were going, he jumped around in excitement, yelling, "Zoooo! Zooo! Zoooo!). 

On Sunday we attended church. I got Kimball to fall asleep in the car seat during Sunday School, and Aidan could have stayed in nursery all day long. 

But what was most significant about this weekend was the love I felt from my Heavenly Father. There are a few things I've been struggling with for the past couple of weeks, and some days have been better than others. The few days previous to this weekend was another few days that tested my strength and my outlook, and this weekend I prayed so hard to feel the Spirit. And guess what? Heavenly Father answered my heartfelt pleas and my heartfelt efforts to feel and be close to Him. 

I know that my Heavenly Father is real. I know that Jesus Christ atoned for not only my sins, but also for my pains and my sorrows. I know that Jesus Christ still lives. Both Him and Heavenly Father love me so much and know me by name. 

Today as I've been pondering the answers I received this weekend, my favorite childhood Primary song came to mind:

Whenever I hear the song of a bird
Or look at the blue, blue sky,
Whenever I feel the rain on my face
Or the wind as it rushes by,
Whenever I touch a velvet rose
Or walk by our lilac tree,
I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world
Heav'nly Father created for me.

He gave me my eyes that I might see
The color of butterfly wings.
He gave me my ears that I might hear
The magical sound of things.
He gave me my life, my mind, my heart:
I thank him rev'rently
For all his creations, of which I'm a part.
Yes, I know Heav'nly Father loves me.
(song credit here)

I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. I am grateful to be a member of His church. I am grateful I know I am a daughter of God. And I am grateful to know who I am, where I am going, and why I am here.

PS: Happy First Day of Spring! 

From the zoo on Saturday.



No comments:

Post a Comment