Thursday, September 15, 2016

4 months

Kimball is four months old! He turned four months on Sept. 10. Sometimes it seems like it has gone by fast, but for the most part, it feels like it has gone by very slowly. Probably because we've moved two times, traveled across eight states, been in three different time zones, and lived in three different places since he was born (ID, MI, KS).

It feels like a lifetime since he was born, so sometimes I'm like, "He's only four months old?" and other times I'm like, "Four months old already!" The latter happens when I'm digging through bigger clothes to replace the ones bursting at the seams.

A few things about our sweet Kimball during his fourth month with us.

No pediatrician yet (working on it!!!)

Sucking on both fists all the time - he might be teething




Almost rolling over (from back to front)

Trying to get him to sleep all the way through the night. Right now I get up with him once around 4 or 5, feed him, then he goes back to sleep. I'm hoping to get him to where he sleeps all the way till 7:00.

Still eating 5oz every 3-3.5 hours - we might up it to 6oz here pretty soon

Loves playing pat-a-cake and peek-a-boo

Loves being tossed in the air.
Jayze is playing peek-a-boo with Kimball. (don't mind our moving mess)
Loves attention

Loves watching his older brother

Loves standing

Loves cooing and talking

Loves being held

Loves getting baths in the sink - not so much in the bathtub

No longer needs to be swaddled! 
Freedom!
Still takes his pacifier. Mostly when he's about to go to sleep. It's still a love-hate relationship.

Has a little mullet going on

Doesn't sleep well in the car seat (unless we're on a road trip) or the bouncer - he prefers his bed or mine or Jayze's arms

 Doesn't like being left out

Still spits up, but is a good burper

Getting better at tummy time

Does this angle make my head look big?
Is getting more and more aware. Whenever I pull the phone out to take a picture of him, he stops smiling, talking, and laughing and stares at the phone.

So smiley

Very ticklish

In general, a really calm, sweet baby. He really only cries when he's hungry, has a wet/messy diaper, or is tired - but in all honesty, who doesn't? :)
We are all so in love with this little baby. Although Aidan prefers to ignore Kimball most of the time, I can tell he misses him when he asks, "Baby?" when Kimball is sleeping or if I'm out with just Aidan. Aidan likes giving Kimball knuckles, kissing Kimball goodnight, and playing patta-cake with him. When he thinks I'm not watching, Aidan will try to give Kimball a cracker (or whatever Aidan is eating at the time) or one of Aidan's stuffed animals. So darn cute.

When your bouncer isn't unpacked and there aren't any couches, this is where you put the baby. :) He was a good sport.

The grief that came with Aidan hasn't been nearly as strong with Kimball. I think it's because we've had so much on our plate since Kimball was born that when the random moments of grief come, I take them as they come and move on. But since we've moved to Kansas, I've been missing Alma more. I've had time to think of what it would be like to mother three boys in our small apartment, notice the different features Kimball has that remind me of Alma, and figure out how to respond to those who say, "Two boys?" The grief makes me even more present and aware of how fleeting life is and how truly grateful I am to have Kimball. Labor and delivery with him was so scary and emotionally taxing. Every time I look at him, I think of what a beautiful baby he is and think of what a miracle it is to hold him in my arms and celebrate each milestone. I also pray every night that he'll have a relationship with Alma. When I see Kimball giggling and smiling at no one in particular, I think that my prayer is being answered.

Love you Kimball-Bimball. I'm so glad I get to experience you.




1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! As I sit here at 36 weeks into my pregnancy seeing a baby, even if it's on a blog, that's happy and doing well makes me remember that stage and knowing I can do it again! :)

    ReplyDelete