Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hashtag RealLife

Taken from parts of my journal 7/7/16.

Today was  a crazy, up and down, random day. They told me hosuekeeping was coming this morning before 11:00 (I told them any time before 11 and after 2 is best because of Aidan's naptime), so I wanted to be out of the room when they came. I've been in the hotel room when they've cleaned, and it's a little bit hard, awkward, and crowded. So I forgoed a shower (for the 2nd day in a row-ew, I know), got the kids ready, dropped Jayze off at work, and drove to the Detroit Temple (20 min away). It was so good being there in the morning before the heat and humidity were too bad...Aidan had one of his cars with him and enjoyed driving it on the temple [Side note: don't judge me], in the grass, and filling it up with dirt. Kimball was content to sleep in the baby carrier against my chest. 

After the temple, we drove around for a bit...When we got back home, I was frustrated because housekeeping didn't come. Ahhhhh! How odd is it that housekeeping is one of the major cons of living in a hotel? Well, Aidan was beyond tired, so I put him down for a nap. Then I fed Kimball, had some awake time, and then he went down for a nap, too. 

When the kids woke up, housekeeping still hadn't come, so I plopped Kimball back into the baby carrier after I fed him, put sandals on Aidan after changing his diaper (very smelly), grabbed the very full and very heavy blue bag full of dirty laundry, grabbed the laundry soap, and downstairs we went only to discover that all the washing machines were full. Ahhhhh! So frustrating. So we hauled everything back up to our room. 

With Kimball still in the carrier, Aidan and I took our trash to the bigger trash can down the hall. On the way back, we saw the housekeeping lady and she asked if we were ready for her to come clean. I said, "Yes! Have at it!" I took Aidan and Kimball downstairs and outside to blow bubbles while she cleaned. Holy moly, it was humid. 

We got back to our room (now clean and good-smelling, yay!). Kimball went down for a nap. Aidan and I ate cherries. And Jayze got off early (4:30). 

We couldn't decide what to eat for dinner, so Jayze and Aidan went to the store. Jayze and Aidan came back. I fed Kimball and put him down for a nap (crossing my fingers he'd sleep - he did) and entertained Aidan while Jayze made dinner. Aidan and I went back downstairs with that bag of laundry and lo and behold, two washers were empty! Hurrah! In our laundry went and back upstairs we went to eat Jayze's yummy biscuits-turned-Navajo-tacos dinner. Delish. [Side note: We don't have an oven, so our creative juices run on full-time around here when it comes to dinner.]  

Long story short, the two loads of laundry got done, got Aidan to bed (after a really cute prayer only Heavenly Father understood), Kimball ate again and is sleeping, dishes got washed, brushed my teeth, said my prayers, prayed with Jayze, and now I'm excited to go to sleep.

What a day.

PS: Can't wait to shower tomorrow. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, my dear-you are a trooper. Hotel rooms are hard for vacations; living in one full-time must be quite the crazy adventure! You amaze me with your attitude!!!

    ReplyDelete