Sunday, January 17, 2016

Pregnancy Update

The baby bump is finally popping out! I've only taken two pregnancy pictures so far because I haven't seemed to grow as much or as fast as I thought I would with this third baby. Just counting my blessings I still fit in my jeans. Maternity clothes are expensive.


At the beginning of the pregnancy, I felt sick, but way better than with the last two babies. Because it was different, I thought for sure we were having a little girl this time. Nope! Baby BOY number three is well on his way, and Jayze and I couldn't be happier we're having another boy.

One of the many perks of experiencing pregnancy before is recognizing the baby's movement. I've been able to feel him since about 13 weeks, which is such a tender mercy. This little guy wiggles around quite a bit, and I love it.

Update:
How far along: 23 weeks today. (!) It's going by so fast.
Total weight gain: 6 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Still in my regular clothes. It's nice being a stay-at-home mom this time around because I can hang out in my sweats most of the time. The winter, snowy weather makes me want to stay inside anyway. Thanks, Rexburg. :)
Miss anything? Working out hardcore. Although I did get a maternity workout video this week, and it has already helped out a lot with all the aches and pains.
Best moment of the week: On Jan. 7, we went in for the 20-week appointment. I love getting ultrasounds because I get to see the baby, and so that was the best. He's a mover and so cute. The ultrasound tech got him with his hands by his head and printed it out for us. This week, the best moment was Jayze helping me out with dinner on Friday. I still get tired more easily, and it was awesome having help.
Food cravings: Oatmeal with bananas and cinnamon. Berry smoothies. Brownies. Toast with peanut butter and berry jam and a glass of milk. I have a HUGE appetite this time around. I pretty much have a second dinner every night, so thankfully I have mostly healthy cravings. Thanks, baby.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Spaghetti. Or just pasta in general lately. Weird, because I normally love pasta.
Happy or moody most of the time: So happy! I have a lot of peace with this pregnancy. There have definitely been ups and downs, but I really am so excited to have another baby in our home (fingers crossed and knees bent!)
Looking forward to: Not having varicose veins anymore. They are kind of the worst.
 
Ever since we found out we were pregnant, there's been a mix of emotions. BUT, the good news is we are pregnant! And this baby moves and I can actually envision having another baby in our home, which was so hard to do when I was pregnant with Aidan. I feel like I have healed so much. There are still hard times - up and down days, but for the most part it's been good. At the beginning, I just gave it all to Heavenly Father. He gave us this baby, and so I'm giving our baby back to Him in a sense. I'm just praying to be okay with whatever happens. So for now, I'm just going to try to be as excited as I can.




No comments:

Post a Comment