Friday, October 9, 2015

Dear Aidan: You Are One

On September 25, 2015, you turned O N E

 

As your birthday approached, my mind kept going back to last year when I was still going to school, still working, and still pregnant with you. A lot has happened since then.

Since then, you were born. I quit my job so I could spend as much time with you as I could while still going to school. I didn't think graduating was possible, but then again, I didn't think having a healthy, living, breathing baby to take care of was possible either.

It turns out that more things are possible than I could ever have realize. I am continually reminded that all things are possible with God. It's because of Him you are here.

I want you to know first and foremost that I love you with all my heart.

I love Y O U. 

You are not a replacement.
You are not tainted by a bad experience.
You are not the continuation of grief.

You are you, and that's all you could ever be.

A child of God. 

A wonder and a joy.

You have brought so much life to our home, so much love, so much movement, so much peace, so much laughter, so much happiness

You brought a happiness I didn't think was possible to feel, and I will forever be grateful for you. 

This life is yours; soak it up. 

You have already taught us so much...don't be afraid to keep growing and learning and discovering and exploring.  

Keep finding the simple joys in life. Keep holding onto my hand, your dad's hand, God's hand, and Alma's hand. We are your family and will always stand by your side.

Baby boy, please know you will always be mine. 

My Aidan. 

I love you.

~ Mom ~

No comments:

Post a Comment