Sunday, June 7, 2015

Aidan is 8 months

Aidan turned 8 months old on May 25. Time is going by so fast. Sometimes I don't think he has grown at all, but then I look at his newborn pictures and he looks and acts so differently now. This month he is going to be as old outside of me as he was inside of me!

Firsts:
  • Finally introduced him to fruits. He ate bananas for the first time in Arizona. My mom mashed one up, and Aidan loved it. 
  • First time standing by the couch (I put him there, he hasn't tried to pull himself up on things yet). 
  • Being really sick. I didn't realize how blessed I had been to have such a healthy baby until he was sick for the first time.
  • Eating in a booster seat (makes my life so much easier).
  • Going to a concert (his Uncle Noah's). 
  • Going bowling! He didn't seem to mind tagging along on date night.
  • First time swinging in the park.
  • Eating out at a sit-down restaurant (went to Denny's on our trip home from AZ). 
  • Sleeping on his tummy. Freaked me out the first time I looked at the video monitor and saw he had rolled over from his back to his tummy in his sleep. But I figured it's not a big deal since he can roll over and sit up by himself. He'll do it from time to time now, silly kiddo. 

Goin' to the doctor, playing while sick, and watching Ice Age for about 10 minutes before getting bored. Having a sick baby is not just physically, but emotionally hard. It was heartbreaking seeing Aidan lethargic and not himself.


Left to right, top to bottom: new booster seat, standing, bowling, concert, swing, eating out.


He LOVES:
  • Watching me vacuum, until it gets too close to him...
  • Standing while holding my hands.
  • Walking around the living room with mom.
  • Blankets, blankets, blankets.
  • Books - mostly eating them.
  • Being tossed in the air.
  • Talking, talking, talking.
  • Socializing/attention.
  • I watch two babies only a week apart in age from Aidan during the week, and Aidan loves playing with them.
  • Observing other people/things.
  • Being outside.
  • Looking over and around things.
  • Peek-a-boo.
  • Spoons and balls.
  • Being tickled.
  • Mirrors.
  • Eating EVERYTHING.
  • Music.
  • Pinwheels.
  • Having air blown in his face.




He is getting closer to crawling. Has three teeth (two on bottom and one on top). I think he is teething again. He drools a lot and runs his tongue across his gums. Can say "nose." (Ok, jk on the last one). :) Getting more used to loud noises. No interest in movies. Has done two loooooong road trips.

I'm loving being a stay-at-home mom. It gets lonely, tiring, and tedious, but Aidan's life is more consistent and I love getting to spend so much time with him. It's hard finding things to do all day with a baby, but I think this time is my time for learning, figuring out a schedule for myself and Aidan, and doing the best I can.

Love you my baby boy.









No comments:

Post a Comment