Thursday, September 4, 2014

Maternity Shoot

When Alma passed away, I was so grateful I took belly bump pictures because it became one more record of him to cherish. Looking at them helps me remember that I really was pregnant with him and that he is a very real part of our family.

However, even knowing how grateful I am for those belly bump pictures, it has been hard to take consistent pictures with Baby #2. Part of me has been in denial this pregnancy. I knew that I wanted to take maternity pictures once I got past 30 weeks, but I kept avoiding it. I think it's because I thought that I would jinx this baby - that if we took pictures, a couple of weeks later he wouldn't be with us anymore.

But one thing I have learned is that I can do hard things.

And one way to know that is by actually doing them. I have so many doors to open still. Doors I have intentionally kept closed because I know that facing what's behind them is going to be hard. This door, taking maternity pictures, is one I'm grateful I opened. It's just one more step towards the healing process, and it's one more step I can look back to for strength when I open another door. 

So, a great shout out to my friend, Crystal Adams for taking these beautiful pictures. She did an amazing job. Thanks, Crystal!

Some of my favorites (which are practically all of them, haha):
















Only a few more weeks to go. Hang in there little man! Your dad and I are excited and nervous to finally meet you. 



4 comments: