Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Bunnies and Chicks and Eggs, Oh my!

Happy Easter!  ...two days ago. :)

Our Easter day started at 7:30 in the morning.  Jayze grew up with a super fun tradition.  Every Easter, his dad would put together a creative scavenger hunt that led to the kids' Easter baskets.  So, we decided to try it out this year and see if we would continue on the same tradition in our family.

The night before, Jayze, ahem, I mean, the Easter Bunny visited our home and I got to figure out where the Easter baskets were! 

I was so excited!








Can you guess where everything was?  Here's a key:

1. In the cupboard where we keep all our medicines - y'know, way up high where even we can't get them, let alone any little kids.

2.  This one was easy - the oven!

3. I liked the images in this one, with the mention of carrots and lettuce - very Easter Bunny-appropriate. Our tool shed.

4. Kitchen table.

5. I love this talk by President Uchtdorf.  Love is spelled T-I-M-E.  This clue was behind our small clock on our bookshelf.

6. I was super excited to find this one.  Our disassembled crib!  Gotta work on putting that together again...

7. Okay, this one was impossible, a challenge, a little bit tougher...but with a couple of hints, I found it!  Our back door.

8. Washing machine.

9. Yes, we did name our car Jim.
  
10. Victory!

I forgot to get a picture of them all set up in Jim's trunk, but this picture still turned out. :)



We put together four baskets - Jayze (dad), Me (mom), Alma, and Baby Boy Flake #2 - hey, more candy right?  I have to eat enough for two anyway.  Baby Flake will appreciate it.  ;)


Sorry about the lighting...


Then we went to Jayze's sister's and brother-in-law's house and ate smoked ham for dinner (yum!) and decorated eggs.





Before




"Sauron's eye" - Jayze's nickname for my sun egg


After




 It was a great Easter.  It was so fun to have a day to run around the house searching for clues Jayze had hidden, eat lotsa candy (gotta gain that baby weight), and remember our Savior.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds your Easter was a blast! Our Easter Bunny hid clues like that, as well, but our clues were much simpler and not nearly as well-written.
    Sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete