Monday, April 3, 2017

Happy Under Every Circumstance

I haven't been able to get this quote out of my thoughts lately:

"Difficult as circumstances may be, they do not relieve us of accountability for our actions or our inactions. Nephi was right. God gives no commandments to the children of men save He prepares a way for them to obey. However difficult our circumstances, we can repent." 

 I came across it in my email almost a month ago, and I'm still thinking about it. 
I just really love how we're able to repent, change, and become better because of our Savior Jesus Christ. He is the one who made it possible for all to return unto Him if we choose.
I know I need repentance every single day, and I'm so grateful for it. 
For the chance to become more like my Savior. 

It reminded me of this quote, too:

"Saints can be happy under every circumstance. We can feel joy even while having a bad day, a bad week, or even a bad year!
My dear brothers and sisters, the joy we feel has little to do with the circumstances of our lives and everything to do with the focus of our lives."
(Russell M. Nelson)

Also, conference was amazing. Many of my prayers were answered, particularly one that had been weighing heavily on my mind. I'm excited to go back and reread and re-listen to the words of our modern-day prophets and apostles. 

What my boys and I did while Jayze was at the Priesthood session. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment