Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Dear Kimball,

Today you are exactly 11 months and one day old. It seems I'm always at least one day behind on posting it. But since yesterday was kind of a crazy day for all of us (thank goodness for Daddy who got us out of the apartment for Family Home Evening), it wasn't the best day to post your monthly update. Plus, you had crusty banana all over your arms from breakfast and I knew you wouldn't want THAT included in your 11 month pictures. ;)



Can I just tell you how grateful I am for you? You've been smiling and laughing almost all the time for the past few days. Aidan loves playing with you more every day (and bossing you around, too), and as long as it doesn't get too rough, you don't mind all the wrestling. 

For a couple of weeks now you will randomly stand on your own (as long as there's something beside you to grab onto). You raise your arms high up to the sky and grin big and proud. If I practice with you more, you'll be walking in no time. As much as I love seeing you crawl after Aidan, I think it will be even more fun to see you running around with him. 


You've been teething for a few weeks. I felt a couple of teeth break through and thought that was the end of it, but the silly things scooted back inside your gums. I can tell you're uncomfortable, but you try to be happy through it. Once both of them cut through and stay, you'll officially have 11 teeth. (!)

Daddy still thinks your hair is too long but is okay waiting until next month to cut it. I just want to hold onto you as my baby as long as I can! Cutting your hair seems to make you age at least 6 months (which is a lot when you're a baby). Plus, I love the way it curls at the end when it's wet. 

Today during bath time you kept splashing Aidan. He didn't like it, but you sure did! You love, love, love splashing in the bath (and standing, which is not my favorite). 

You're still drinking formula, but will switch to cow's milk soon. I really can't believe how fast you're growing up. I'm in denial. Every time I dress you, I hesitate to put you in 12 month clothes because I can still squeeze you into some of your 9 month clothes. It's just too soon for me. 


Kimball, you have brought so much life into our family. I didn't think it could get more joyous after having Aidan, but you proved me wrong. We all love you so much, and I can tell you love us too. There's nowhere you'd rather be than with your family. (I should know, since I can barely go to the bathroom by myself anymore...:)) 

I hope one day you gain a relationship with Alma. When you and Aidan have your bedtime party, filled with squeals and belly laughs, I sometimes wonder if Alma is right there with you cracking jokes and making faces. I would like to think so. 

Let's make this next month go a little slower, okay? I have to have more time to plan your one-year birthday party and soak in the crawling stage a little longer. 


But at the same time, don't let me get in the way of reaching milestones. You've earned every single one of them so far, and I know you have enough drive and motivation to keep improving and progressing. 

You amaze me, little one. 

I love you,

Mom



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this. I have a lot of those same tenderly bittersweet feelings every time my kids hit a new milestone. It's so exciting but simultaneously heartbreaking that your baby isn't staying small any more!

    ReplyDelete