Friday, April 21, 2017

Crash! Ka-Boom! Blackout!


Our laptop has hit the dust (man down, man DOWN!) - at least the screen has - because of this little guy:


Don't be fooled by the cute chubby cheeks and roly poly arms - he is getting too tall for his own good (or at least for my own good - observe the broken screen above, please, it's important) and is okay with it.

Can you believe that??

The other day I was minding my own business, kneeling down on the floor by the coffee table looking through old college folders (there's some good stuff in there, but I digress) when I hear this BIG crash!

Ka-Boom!

Maybe it sounded so loud because 1. Aidan was asleep and 2. My senses always switch to high alert when Kimball is exploring and I'm not watching him very closely.

It probably startled me so much, too, because I thought everything valuable and fragile was out of his reach.

Nope.

The big crash and ka-boom? Kimball had managed to stand way up high on his tip-toes and stretch his hand far enough to grab our laptop (the one I've had since my first year of college, mind you) and pull it off of the kitchen table to the floor.

I had been working on it earlier and made sure to push it back to where he couldn't reach it, but I obviously underestimated his determination and height.

I ran over, surveyed the damage, and checked to make sure it hadn't hit Kimball (we got lucky on that account, at least). He seemed just as surprised as I was.

So now the screen is shot and I'm "typing" this up on my phone. Which is taking about a million times longer.

Sigh.

But, as much as we hated forking out the money, I think Jayze and I (especially Jayze haha) were secretly glad we had an excuse to buy a BRAND NEW computer. It's on its way now! (Eeek!)

We'll make sure this one stays far, far, far, far out of K's reach.

Thanks, Kimball. :)


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You're much more patient than me. I hate typing on my phone. Haha. I think I'm being fooled by his cute chubbiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. My main motivation for getting this post up was to reach my goal of blogging at least once a week, otherwise it wouldn't have happened! I hate typing on my phone too!

      Delete
  2. ....and that's why we can't have nice things. :)

    ReplyDelete