Friday, April 28, 2017

Easter 2017

Easter was so good. It was probably one of my favorites so far. Since I'm almost two weeks late in posting it, it will be mostly a picture-story. :)

I actually broke out my sewing machine (yay! I love that thing - so therapeutic when I make the time) and sewed up this little tie. My mom gave me the pattern around Christmas, we cut the material out, and I finally sewed the pieces together...four months later...:) It turned out cute and was fun to make.



The Easter Bunny left Aidan (and Kimball too, but he was still asleep) a scavenger hunt. He had to follow each clue to the next one until he found the Easter baskets! The Easter Bunny is pretty wily, but Aidan won out in the end; they were in the bath tub.


 I mostly videoed him, so Jayze snagged this gem after the hunt was over. Aidan was so excited.


When Kimball woke up, all he wanted to do was eat the grass. We took it away from him before he choked on it.




Even though I didn't get a picture of Aidan and Kimball together, believe me they looked super cute in their new Sunday clothes. When I wanted a picture of our family after church, Kimball had fallen asleep on the way home and Aidan just wanted to play in the grass. Maybe next year we'll actually get a family picture.



We waited forever for Kimball and Aidan to wake up from their naps, but since we were going over to our friends for Easter dinner and were a little crunched for time, Jayze and I decided to start coloring the hard-boiled eggs without them. We saved two or three, and Jayze helped Aidan color them while I got our side and dessert dishes ready to go.


 Jayze was (mostly) a sport about taking pictures...






We had an Easter egg hunt at our friend's house. It was so fun seeing Aidan's little brain working out the process of finding the eggs.


I'm so grateful for Easter! I'm grateful for the celebration of Jesus Christ's resurrection. He lives! I know He does. And because of Him I can be with my family forever and see Alma again. Because of Him I can find true joy. He really is the Prince of Peace.





1 comment:

  1. LOVE this. I also love that your Easter Bunny does scavenger hunts like ours does!

    ReplyDelete