Sunday, March 26, 2017

When I Have Grown a Foot or Two...

Have you ever heard of the concept of measuring your children when they turn 2 1/2 years old?

A few years ago, I was at my uncle's house, and he explained the concept to me. Then when I was in college, I learned about it again in my Child Development class. It seemed like a fun tradition, and I filed it in the back of my mind to do it with my kids.

The concept is - when your child turns 2 1/2, measure how tall they are and then you multiply the height by two. The end result is supposedly how tall they will be when they stop growing.

Well, Aidan turned exactly 2 1/2 yesterday. I kept watching the calendar and reminded myself every day to please remember to measure him because I was excited to see how tall he might be when he's older (give or take probably).





The end result: He should be a little over 6'2. That's about how tall Jayze is!

Now we'll just have to remember to measure him again when he stops growing and see how correct the estimate was.





1 comment:

  1. That's so fun! I did it with Jack and Clark but forgot with Maggie; we'll have to see how tall Calvin gets! I love this tradition!

    ReplyDelete