Saturday, March 4, 2017

Fast One

I was playing solo tonight with the kids while Jayze went to the adult session of Stake Conference.
 While I was finishing up feeding Kimball, I asked Aidan, "Can you please go put that empty bottle in the sink?" 
I had needed two bottles because Kimball hadn't finished all of his formula from the last time he ate.
Aidan said, "No, I lay on blanket." 
I gave him a stern look and told him, "Please put the bottle in the sink." 
He kind of rolled his eyes, grabbed the bottle, and headed towards the sink. 
In an effort to make it fun so there wouldn't be any hard feelings, I called out to him as he walked towards it, "Go, go, go! You got this! Yay, Aidan!" 
He smiled, walked a little faster, and slowly pushed the bottle overboard. 
Once the bottle was in, I said, "Thanks, Aidan! Good job! You are awesome!" 
He smiled as he ran back and jumped onto his blanket that was lying on the couch. 
By then Kimball had finished his second bottle, so I set him on the floor and put the second empty bottle in the sink. 
Then I turned around and said to Aidan, "Alright, time to clean up..." 
Aidan ran to the couch, jumped on it, and yelled, "Mom's turn!" 
I almost protested, then stopped, shrugged my shoulders, smiled, and said, "Okay," and knelt down and began picking up toys. 
As I bent down, Aidan called out, "Go, Mom! Go, Mom! Go, Mom! Yaaaaayyyyyy!" 
As I finished up a batch of toys, he said, "Thanks, Mom!" 
Then he yelled out again, "Mom's turn!" 
This time I told him it was his turn too, and we could clean up the rest together. 
He jumped off the couch and excitedly ran back and forth from the living room to his room putting his toys away. 

Man, is this kid smart. I better be careful because he just almost pulled a fast one on me.

Yesterday. He was so proud of how he lined up his cars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment