Wednesday, May 27, 2015

AZ Trip Round 2

Jayze's family had an VERY eventful weekend, so we were able to go down to Arizona again. It was so.fun.

On the way down, we did the trip in one go, but this time we did it from noon to about three in the morning. We decided to travel during the night so that Aidan would sleep most of the time. It was harder and easier - less diaper changes and feedings, but Jayze and I were more tired. However, it worked out pretty well, and I'm glad we did it that way.

We traveled down Thursday, got there super early Friday morning, slept, and chilled at the Flake's house for most of the morning after we woke up. It was a nice relaxing morning. The only thing we were disappointed in was the weather. I had looked up the predicted weather for the weekend and was excited when I saw 70 degrees across the board. I packed shorts for Aidan and short-sleeve shirts for Jayze and me. But I think winter and spring are still fighting it out (with spring slowly winning) because it was windy, rainy, and cold (mostly just Friday).

Friday night was Jayze's sister's high school graduation. At first we braved the weather and brought Aidan along with us, but we ended up leaving after the speeches. It was Aidan's bedtime and he was the only one making noise in the stadium (it seemed), so we dropped him off at my parents so that we could come back and congratulate Katie and take pictures.


I forgot to hand off my phone for pictures of the graduate (Katie) and all the family and friends there to support her. Just know that it was a huge crowd; she is definitely loved!

Saturday morning, my other sis-in-law, Molly, went through the temple and received her endowments. She is going on a mission to Oregon on August 12. It was wonderful being in the Snowflake Temple again. It's where I received my endowments and where Jayze and I were sealed for time and all eternity. Special promises and covenants are made in the temple, and it was a sacred and special experience being there for Molly's first time through. And wouldn't you know, I forgot to hand off my phone again for pictures after the session was over! I'm glad others got pictures.

Saturday afternoon was Jayze's family's branding tradition. Jayze was looking forward to it, but Aidan was down for a nap after we got back from the temple. Jayze wanted Aidan and me to go with him to experience branding for the first time, but Aidan ended up sleeping for a couple of hours and we missed it. I felt bad we didn't get to go. Those who went had a great experience. Despite not going, it was fun catching up with more family and friends at Travis and Teresa's house while eating yummy food. 

After lunch, Jayze and I went to visit Alma's grave. The weather was overcast, but thankfully no rain while we were there. It felt good to be back visiting after just a few weeks. We got some good smiles out of Aidan. He tried tasting the grass and played with the flowers and frog on Alma's grave. He seemed to enjoy just being there.


While we were there, all I felt was peace. Although it wasn't yet Memorial Day, it felt good to remember all those who died for our country and freedoms, as well as family members who have also passed on. I'm so grateful for the Plan of Salvation and that families are eternal. Death is not the end - we will see Alma and our other loved ones again.




On Saturday night, Jayze and I spent some time with my parents. They have an awesome projector, and we watched some shows on it. After watching movies and shows with the projector, Jayze and I have seriously considered getting one. Seriously. :) Okay, not right now, but really, it was so.fun.

It was late when we got home from my parent's house. We hurried and transferred Aidan from the car seat to the pack 'n play, shut the door, and waited for him to fall asleep again. While we waited, we sat and talked with Jayze's parents. It was nice being able to sit down and spend one-on-one time with them. 

The next morning was church. Jayze's brother, Levi, just recently returned from his two-year mission in Guatemala and gave his "Homecoming" talk. There was a sister missionary leaving for her mission, and she spoke as well. With two missionaries speaking, the chapel was packed. Jayze and I were glad we went early so we could snag good seats. Levi did a great job speaking. I felt the Spirit so strongly, and my testimony was strengthened as he bore his testimony. It was another sacred moment.

After church was the luncheon, with more yummy food. Seriously, I ate way too much this whole trip.

Then came....pictures! Lots of them. But being from the McCleve clan, it didn't seem like too many. ;) Jayze's whole family hadn't been together in one spot for almost six years, so taking family pictures was pretty much essential. Prepare yourself for cuteness and picture overload.

Left to right: Crue, Clark (holding Gideon), Jack (holding Aidan) and Ty. They also took a picture of the granddaughters, but I don't have that picture. These boys are so stinkin' cute, though.





Left to right: Jewel, Danica (in-law), NaElle, Katie, Daliah, Molly, me (in-law)

Left to right: Shiloh, Noah, Jayze, McKay, Levi, Steve (in-law), Cody (in-law), Abe
Original family, Back row left to right: Noah, McKay, Shon, Levi, Molly Jayze, Shiloh. Front row left to right: Daliah, Jewel, Katie, Pam, NaElle, Abe


The whole clan including in-laws and grandkids (too many to label)

The pictures turned out beautiful. I'm glad we took the time to take them.

Before we left, we said bye to my parents. This is significant because this is where we found out that Aidan LOVES pickles. My dad was trying to trick him and wanted to see Aidan make a funny face, but it turns out that Aidan just wanted more! Needless to say, we took a pickle on our trip back home. :)

Aidan and Papa
On Monday (Memorial Day) we caravanned with the Stinnett's (Jayze's sister and brother-in-law) and Jayze's brother, Noah. We got off on a good start, but when we hit Price Canyon the traffic was incredible. I had never been in traffic that bad before. I told Jayze that the roads were like a nose with a cold--super congested. 



Because of that, we didn't get home until well past midnight. Despite that, it was still a good trip. Aidan had only one meltdown, and the trip did seem to go by faster when we traveled with other family members.



And this little guy turned 8 months old on Memorial Day. I felt like that was pretty fitting for our family. I'll post more updates on his 8-month personality in the next post.

All in all, it was a great Memorial Day Weekend. I'm so grateful for my wonderful in-laws and that we were able to spend time with my parents as well. Yay for family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment