Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

This year we decided to dress up as zoo animals. We already had a bear outfit for Kimball - I think it came in one of the big bags of boy clothes I bought when I was pregnant with Aidan - so we planned our other costumes around his.





Jayze was an elephant, I was a zebra, and Aidan was a tiger. Obviously, we had to get a little creative with the elephant ears and nose and tiger ears. All credit goes to Jayze.

Aidan wasn't much of a fan of the face paint; he kept rubbing his nose, so by the time I took pictures, most of it had rubbed off. He also wasn't really a fan of the tiger ears. I tried not to call too much attention to them, because if I ignored them, he did too. It was only when I bent down to adjust them, he pulled them off. All night long, Jayze and I kept asking him what sound a tiger makes, and all night long he said, "Roar! Roar!" Until someone else asked him, then it was more of a mouthed, "Roar!"




Our ward celebrated Halloween early and hosted a chili cook-off and trunk or treat. It was Aidan's first trunk or treat. We didn't go trick or treating or trunk or treating last year because it's always soooo cold in Rexburg around Halloween and Aidan was only a little over a year old anyway. So this year I was excited to walk him around to each car and teach him how to say, "Trick or treat!" and put candy in his pillowcase (didn't you ever use pillowcases as candy buckets when you were little?). :) I don't think he really knew what was going on. He's really shy, so he mostly just mouthed, "Trick or treat," and "Thank you," but I think he liked it anyway.

One of the ward members was holding his son's toy light saber. Since Aidan couldn't stop staring at it, the ward member let Aidan play with it. Aidan was fascinated by it! He couldn't stop pushing the button that lit it up and made the light saber noise. I think that might just go on his Christmas wish list...

That night Jayze and I read "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow," out loud after we put the kids to bed. It was both of our first time reading the actual story. It was so fun, and I think it might become a Halloween tradition.

Tonight for FHE we're going to crack open the mummy pinata my mom sent, play the Halloween Memory Game my mom made, and eat some chocolate. Thanks, Mom, for helping make our Halloween more fun!

Happy Halloween from the Flake Family!




No comments:

Post a Comment