Thursday, September 8, 2016

Living in a Hotel - Picture Story

It was definitely an adventure living in a one-bedroom hotel room for two and a half months. Since I'm already so behind on posting, I thought it might be easier to post about the experience using pictures.

Note:Most of these aren't the best quality - taken from my phone with poor lighting = bad quality pictures. Also, they're not posted in chronological order. :)

Here's our hotel picture story.

First day


New culture - Michigan has 1/2 percent milk!

You'll notice a car, bus, or truck in most of the pictures.

Fighting boredom

New favorite chair
Always wanted hand sanitizer when he saw me use it


"Aidan, please don't touch the phone!" x10
Aidan's art all over the place







Laundry day. This kiddo was a trooper



He got really good at navigating stairs


Brothers - this one Aidan put his hat on Kimball

Giving Kimball the pacifier...and taking it out again...and putting it back in again. :)

Me and the kids all squeezed onto the recliner together




Brother selfie

Movie night - watching "Finding Nemo" and eating popcorn while Dad's away on a business trip

Bedtime

#reallife Love m'boys

This kiddo got moved around so much every day - thank you to my awesome sister for letting us borrow that bassinet. Seriously, a life saver. He's in the bedroom here.
In the living room

In the kitchen

In my arms


We watched "Cars" probably about a bazillion times

And had wayyyyy too many cookies
Annnnd way too much pizza (Jet's Pizza is amazing BTW - I'm already missing it...but my budget and waistline aren't) :)

We had a tiny fitness center downstairs to y'know, keep the pizza and cookies at bay. Kept me sane sooooo many times
Aidan's and my mural - mostly mine haha

Keepin' it cool
Story time with Daddy almost every night
Story time almost every night with Daddy






Wanted to sit by Mommy while he ate bread
Playin'



This was the only day he liked cherries. Toddler, anyone? :)


Tummy time
Aidan had already put the giraffe and bear together and wanted me to put the alligator with them, too
He was always so stoked to get out

That one time Aidan and I got hand/foot/mouth disease. I don't wish it on anyone. Thankfully Kimball and Jayze didn't get it
Sooooo many oatmeal baths

Some days it really was hard living in a hotel


Other days, not too bad
First time lots of full-out, heart-warming smiles

After a work dinner

And the packing resumes again...while Jayze is on a business trip. :)

Road trippin', once again



See ya, Detroit. You were good to us. Already miss you.
In the hotel:
  • Kimball's first smiles and laughs
  • Aidan grew half an inch
  • Introduced Aidan to hide 'n seek
  • Aidan learned how to navigate stairs really well
  • The a/c unit went out twice - thanks maintenance guy for fixing it
  • The carpet got cleaned twice (thanks to the a/c going out and leaking)
  • Got to know about five different hotel cleaning ladies
  • The laundry room became the cookie room
  • Aidan knows how to navigate elevators really well now, too
  • Playing patta-cake with Kimball - his favorite
  • Both kids became deeper sleepers
  • But, the sleep schedule always seemed off because of early and late mornings and early and late evenings - we never really had a consistent, daily schedule
  • Watched more movies than I'd like to count - from the few we brought with us. "Finding Nemo," "Cars," "Planes," "Planes: Fire 'n Rescue," "Monster's Inc.," and "Toy Story," were the favorites. I think I have them memorized now. 
  • Aidan learned so many more words and animal sounds
  • I practiced cutting Aidan's hair a handful of times - and each time I thought someone would call CPS on me. (Aidan inconsistently hates haircuts and baths - you know how one comes after the other = nonstop screaming for half an hour).
  • Ate lots of salad, pasta, pancakes, taco salad, and store-bought cookies (no oven) :)
  • Grew as a family in SO many ways
Living in a hotel taught us so many lessons and saved us so much money, and for that I'm grateful for the experience. I'm already missing Michigan, but it's also SO nice to be back in our own space.


No comments:

Post a Comment