Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Move

Before we knew we got the job and before we had Kimball, I kept getting the impression to start packing even though our plans were kind of up in the air. So, being big and pregnant, I started packing what I could, books, movies, decorations, kitchen stuff we didn't use on a daily basis, etc. Whenever I went shopping, I'd grab any available empty boxes and bring them home while making the goal to pack at least one or two of them a day. It was hard to be motivated because we didn't know if we would get the job and I didn't like packing away our home. But, when all was said and done, I'm grateful I followed that prompting. Although it seemed like a never-ending process, I did get quite a bit done, which helped in the last few days of packing and moving.

Thank goodness Jayze was home so he could help entertain Aidan while I packed, packed...and packed. So.much.stuff. You know that one scene in Harry Potter where they're in the Gringotts Bank and whatever they touch multiplies? Well, it seemed that way with our stuff. I'd pat myself on the back for packing up tons of boxes, then turn around and there was STILL more stuff. Ugh. Moving is not my favorite.



Apparently we're Micky Mouse, Spongebob, and Mike Wazowski fans...

Daddy entertaining while Mommy packs.
Aidan loved these finger puppets from our awesome neighbors. Thanks, Hobbs!


Lots of bubble sessions with this kid. Again, while Mommy is packing...
This cutie slept through most of it. :)

The hardest part was knowing we were going to say bye to the place we called home. Rexburg was where Jayze and I dated and got engaged, bought and sold our first car, had our first apartment together (plus two more), worked on campus while going to school, had our three precious babies, and where we both graduated from college. Lots of milestones, beautiful memories, and wonderful friends were made in Rexburg, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Out of the three places we lived, the trailer was by far my favorite. The bishop was great, the ward was welcoming, and our neighbors were so nice. It's where we brought Aidan and Kimball home from the hospital. It also had pretty cheap rent. ;)



Last picture of our home.

Thank you to everyone who brought us dinner, watched Aidan, helped us clean and pack, helped us lug our stuff to storage, brought Aidan and us snacks for the trip, and for all the prayers and kind thoughts sent our way. We really had so many tender mercies along the way, and many earthly angels came to our aide. We could not have done everything we did without so many of our friends' help. 

THANK YOU!

It was definitely bittersweet saying goodbye, but we're grateful for this new direction and path.

No comments:

Post a Comment